The CISSS de la Montérégie-Centre 2020-2021 vaccination campaign against seasonal flu began on November 2, 2020.
How do I make an appointment?
Making an appointment, on-line or by telephone, began on October 13, 2020.
To make an appointment on-line:
- Go to the website www.clicsante.ca
- Select the service "Seasonal flu vaccine"
- Enter your postal code and choose the appropriate facility.
Persons who do not have access to the Internet can telephone 1 (844) 822-2467.
Vaccination time slots are offered free to the following targeted clientele since they are at greater risk of complications to their state of health:
- Pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy;
- Persons who are 6 months old or more who have a chronic disease (including pregnant women, no matter what the stage of their pregnancy);
- Persons aged 75 years and over.
- The close relatives and friends of the persons at risk mentioned, or of children under the age of 6 months, and health workers can also receive the vaccine free of charge.
Recent studies have shown that children between the ages of 6 and 23 months, as well as seniors between 60 and 74 years who are in good health have a risk of hospitalization and death associated with the flu comparable to that of the general population in good health. The flu vaccination is therefore no longer recommended for these individuals. However, for the 2020 vaccination campaign, seniors between 60 and 74 years who wish to be vaccinated can receive the vaccination for free in pharmacies and private medical clinics in the region, while children between the ages of 6 and 23 months can receive the vaccine for free in private medical clinics.
Persons not targeted by this free vaccination campaign who wish to be vaccinated should ask for information from pharmacies or medical clinics; some of these organizations offer the vaccine for a fee.