Who can use the services of the smoking cessation centres (SCCs)?
You can use these services if you:
- Smoke tobacco and/or vape nicotine
- Are thinking about quitting or have already decided to quit
- Experience a slip-up or a relapse
- Simply want to do something about your habit
- Are a teenager or an adult (it’s never too late or too early to quit smoking and/or vaping)
- Want personalized support from a dedicated specialized counsellor
- Are thinking about asking for a prescription for nicotine patches while being followed by a smoking cessation counsellor
What services do SCCs offer?
Our SCCs offer two free and effective programs to help you quit smoking and/or vaping.
- 6 to 8 in-person meetings (at the CLSC or by video conferencing)
- 30-to-60-minute meetings on weekdays (day or evening)
- Examples of topics discussed at meetings:
- Profile of smokers and vapers
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Action plan
- Medications that can help
- Stress management
- Healthy diet
- Preventing a relapse
- In-person or virtual group meetings are held at different times of the year (day or evening)
- Weekly meetings over a period of 5 or 8 weeks
- A minimum number of participants is required to start a group
- The topics covered at the group meetings are similar to those discussed during the individual meetings
Our services are:
- Non-judgmental and respectful
- Personalized and provided by a dedicated counsellor
- Effective and adapted to your situation and lifestyle
- Provided by experts
To find out more about the SCCs, visit the frequently asked questions section.
How do I register for a program or contact the SCCs?
- Fill out the SCC registration form
- Leave a message on our voicemail at 1-844-429-3358. We will call you back within two business days.
Where can I go to get in-person support from an SCC counsellor?
- In-person meetings are held at certain CLSCs in the Montérégie region.