The Montérégie region Breast Cancer Screening Program encourages women aged 50-69 to have a screening mammogram every 2 years.
- The letter is sent by mail in your name
- The letter is a medical prescription, so make sure to bring it with you to your appointment
List of designated screening centres that offer screening mammograms
To have your mammogram, you must make an appointment at one of the 12 designated screening centres.
The list of these centres is included in the envelope with your letter.
Wait time for an appointment
To find out the approximate wait time for a mammogram appointment, visit: http://www.msss.gouv.qc.ca/professionnels/statistiques-donnees-services-sante-services-sociaux/delais-acces-mammo/.
In collaboration with the Centres d’action bénévole de la Montérégie, the Breast Cancer Screening Program offers free transportation to the screening centre of your choice.
To arrange for transportation, call us at 1-888-845-7346.
To contact us
For more information on:
- how the Breast Cancer Screening Program works,
- the pros and cons of breast cancer screening,
- making an informed decision,
consult the Quebec.ca website at: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/advice-and-prevention/screening-and-carrier-testing-offer/breast-cancer-screening/.