Are you feeling overwhelmed by a difficult family situation, your child’s behaviour, or constant arguing at home? You’ve tried several things, but the fighting still hasn’t stopped?
The Last Straw
If that sounds familiar, call us. A professional can help you find a solution.
- “The school has called me several times about my son’s behaviour. He’s become aggressive. We can’t get through to him anymore.”
- “My daughter refuses to listen. She goes out without permission, she’s spending time with new friends, and I’m sure she’s on something. She calls me terrible names. I don’t recognize her anymore.”
- “My parents are too strict, they’re always on my case. I can’t do anything anymore. I just want to get out of there.”
- “Our son is always alone; he has no friends and doesn’t do any sports or activities. The other day, he told me he wished he could just disappear. We’re worried about him.”
The Crise-Ado-Famille-Enfance (CAFE) program is for families and young people under age 18 who are in crisis.
Help is available to both parents and children:
- 24 hours a day
- 7 days a week
- The service is available 365 days/year
How To Access This Service
During CLSC business hours:
- Call your CLSC and ask for the psychosocial intake department.
Your CLSC offers various family services, including crisis intervention. The CAFE service is available evenings and weekends.
Outside of business hours:
- Call Info-Santé at 811 (select option 2/Info-Social) Social workers will be able to guide you, answer your questions, and refer you to the right place.