2020-2021 flu vaccination campaign
CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest
Registration for appointments for the 2020-2021 flu vaccination campaign starts on October 13, 2020.
An appointment is mandatory
Register at ClicSante.ca
Make an appointment on ClicSante.ca :
Call 1-888-593-5116 to make an appointment.
Note that adults aged 60 to 74 and children aged 6 to 23 months in good health will be able to receive the vaccine free of charge at private medical clinics in the region.
Protect yourself and your loved ones—get the flu shot!
Vaccination is still the best way to protect against the flu, mainly for people with a chronic disease and for seniors aged 75 and over. These people have a much higher risk of complications, hospitalization or death related to the influenza virus.
Remember that simple hygiene measures, such as hand-washing, are a good way to protect yourself against the flu and other respiratory viruses.
Groups targeted by the 2020-2021 free vaccination campaign
The Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux offers the flu shot for free to certain vulnerable groups who are considered at higher risk of developing complications.
This year, the following groups are eligible for the free flu shot:
- People aged 6 and over with certain chronic diseases;
- Pregnant women with certain chronic diseases, throughout their pregnancy, and healthy pregnant women, in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy;
- People aged 75 and over;
- Caregivers and family members who live in the same household as a person at higher risk of developing complications, and people who live in the same household as an infant under 6 months of age;
- Residents of all ages of long-term care centres and intermediate resources;
- Healthcare workers, especially those who administer care and treatments at a hospital or long-term care centre.
If you are not one of the target groups and still want to receive this vaccine, you can contact your pharmacy, doctor or private vaccination clinics.