Useful documentation for private IR-FTRs and PSRs
Last page update: July 7 2020
Since May 11, 2020, significant caregivers have been authorized to provide support to residents in IR-FTRs and PSRs. However, this new measure is subject to specific conditions being met, which will ensure an acceptable balance between the associated risks and benefits. The Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux has confirmed that facilities wishing to be exempted from this new measure must obtain its authorization.
This page contains a wealth of information, tools and forms to help you with the easing of restrictions on the presence of significant caregivers in your residences.
- Guidelines for operators of IRs, FTRs and PSRs - You will find answers to the following questions :
- Who is considered a significant caregiver?
- How to prepare for the first significant caregiver visits
- What to do during the significant caregiver’s first visit
- What to do during subsequent visits
- Guidelines for doormen - You will find the following information :
- Responsabilities of the doormen at the arrival and departure of the significant caregiver
- Guidelines for significant caregivers - You will find the following information :
- Criteria to be considered a significant caregiver
- What you need to do before your first visit
- What to do on your first visit
- Information regarding your movements inside and outside the residence
Forms and logs
- Caregiver consent form - For caregivers assisting relatives
- Registre d'autorisation de présence - Feuille Excel permettant de faire un suivi des visites des proches aidants
- Registre des portiers - Feuille Excel permettant de faire un suivi des présences des portiers
Specific page for caregivers
A specific page has been created for caregivers who will visit your residence. Feel free to give them the link, which contains important information about their first visit, for example:
- How to put on a mask;
- Proper hand washing techniques;
- How to put on and take off personal protective equipment;
- Definition of a significant caregiver;
- And much more!