Your stay at the hospital
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Instructions for visitors
- Any user who is admitted to or housed at our facilities can have visitors.
- Immediate family and caregivers can visit at anytime.
- Other visitors are welcome between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. daily.
Cardiac monitoring unit
- The visiting hours for immediate family (age 12 and over) are from 12 p.m. to 21 p.m. daily.
- Washing hands is mandatory when entering and exiting the unit.
- A user in the Emergency department can be accompanied by one person.
- When a user remains under observation in Emergency or if they are waiting to be admitted, the support person must leave at 8:30 p.m., except if the user is under age 14 or is an individual who requires a support person.
- A user under observation or waiting to be admitted may have one visitor at a time (age 12 and over) from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Visitors are permitted 24/7, without any restrictions other than adhering to the visitors’ code of conduct.
Long-term care centre
- Due to the distinctive nature of a long-term care centre, visitors are allowed at all times, without any restrictions other than adhering to the visitors’ code of conduct.
We offer patients and visitors several services to make their time at the hospital easier and more pleasant.
Hairdresser and barber
You can obtain the services of a hairdresser or barber in your room. Ask the receptionist about the prices and schedule and how to make an appointment.
Spiritual care team
A spiritual care professional is available, as needed, according to an established schedule. You must make the request to the receptionist in your care unit.
Thanks to a donation from the Women’s Auxiliary, TVs are available free of charge. Headphones cost five dollars.
Telephone and incoming calls
You can receive phone calls in your room. However, remember that other users share your room who are waiting for or recovering from treatment or surgery. To maintain a quiet and restful environment, incoming calls are not allowed between 10 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Ask the nursing staff for your room’s extension number.
To contact you, family and friends must dial:
- 450-829-2321 and follow the instructions.
- You will be billed for long distance calls.
- To speak to you in the monitoring unit, your family and friends must dial 450‑829‑2321, ext. 3252.
The use of mobile phones and laptops with WiFi is strictly prohibited in the hospital.
Food Services sends meals on trays to the care unit at 7:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Vending machines are available near the cafeteria on the ground floor. All meals are prepared in accordance with nutrition guidelines. A dietitian is available to meet with you during your stay.
The cafeteria at Hôpital Barrie-Memorial is located on the ground floor.
It is open Monday to Friday, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.