At the beginning of your pregnancy, you will want to consult a doctor or a midwife to discuss your pregnancy follow-up. You have the option to give birth in several different locations (Hôpital Charles-LeMoyne, Hôpital du Haut-Richelieu, Maison de naissance du Haut-Richelieu-Rouville, or at home).
The practical guide From Tiny Tot to Toddler is given out to future parents for free and is also available online. This guide contains useful advice and information about the resources available to you, the stages of pregnancy, your baby’s development, etc. For more information, you can also visit the Portail Santé mieux-être.
Are you looking for a doctor to follow you during your pregnancy?
You can call the clinics on the territory that provide pregnancy follow-ups.
To give birth at Hôpital Charles-Le Moyne, you must be followed by one of the following doctors:
- GMF UMF Charles-Le Moyne: 450-466-5630
- GMF La cigogne: 450-466-7892
- Dr. Kenneth Chan: 450-672-9710
- Dr. Maan Malouf: 450-651-7331 (Clinique Berger) or Centre dentaire Malouf 450‑672-2250
- Dr. Shahida Rabbani and Dr. Sophie Venne: 450-550-2334
To give birth at Hôpital du Haut-Richelieu, you must be followed by one of the following doctors:
- Clinique de gynécologie et d’obstétrique: 450-348-1171
- GMF du Coteau (Clinique médicale du Coteau): 450-359-6819
- Dr. Lucie Bessette, GMF Haut-Richelieu (Clinique Médi-Soleil): 450-349-5555, ext. 228
- Dr. Maryse Lefebvre-Laporte, Unité de médecine familiale de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu: 450-741-3346
The GMF-U de Saint-Hubert also offers a pregnancy follow-up service. Please note that the doctors in this GMF-U perform deliveries at the Pierre-Boucher Hospital in Longueuil: 450 443-7400.
To be followed by an authorized midwife, contact the birthing centre at 450-658-2080. (There are three options for giving birth: birthing centre, home, or hospital.)
Are you struggling financially?
You could qualify for the OLO nutritional support program (eggs, milk, orange juice) or the integrated perinatal and early childhood services (SIPPE).
- Champlain local service network (RLS): 450-443-7400, ext. 2825 (French‑speaking users) or ext. 2826 (English-speaking users)
- Haut-Richelieu-Rouville local service network (RLS) 450-358-2578, ext. 4160
If a doctor or a midwife detects a problem with your pregnancy during your prenatal follow-up, they will refer you to the hospital’s high-risk pregnancy (GARE) clinic.
Certain health problems require close follow-up to make sure your pregnancy progresses normally. The multidisciplinary team at the GARE clinic provides this follow‑up.
Are you having problems during your pregnancy and can’t reach your doctor?
If you are not yet 20 weeks pregnant, go to the walk-in clinic at your doctor’s office or to the Emergency department. If you are more than 20 weeks pregnant, go to the walk-in clinic at your doctor’s office or call the hospital directly.
- Hôpital Charles-Le Moyne, obstetric triage desk in the mother-child unit: 450‑466-5000, ext. 2510, 24/7
- Hôpital du Haut-Richelieu, obstetric triage desk in the mother-child unit: 450‑359‑5000, ext. 5300, 24/7
Québec Prenatal Screening Program
The Québec Prenatal Screening Program aims to make prenatal screening for trisomy 21, trisomy 18 and trisomy 13 accessible to pregnant women and couples in Québec, on a voluntary basis. For more information : Information document for Pregnant Women and Couples.