You have a health problem AND no family doctor?
The GAP will help you!
If you are on the waiting list (on the Québec Family Doctor Finder - GAMF) AND you have a health problem, you can access the Primary Care Access Point (the GAP) service.
The GAP is a new service. It allows you to contact a team that will assess your health problem and refer you to a health professional who can meet your needs.
The GAP works a bit like a dispatch system: it refers people who do not have a family doctor to consultations and resources available in their area. This service is free, efficient, fast and safe.
In order to have access to GAP services, you must be registered on the GAMF.
Pharmacist? Click here to access the professional GAP page
Contact the Primary Care Access Point (GAP)
- Primary Care Access Point (GAP) is now available 100% online. Please complete the digital questionnaire available at: gap.soinsvirtuels.gouv.qc.ca. If you need help completing the digital questionnaire, call 811, option 3.
Note: Our teams are working hard to offer more access to more people. Due to the high volume of requests we are currently receiving, it may take a few days before we contact you once the questionnaire has been completed. This delay will vary according to the prioritization of the need, the nurse's assessment and our opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Book an appointment online with a nurse clinician
If you would like to be seen and assessed by a nurse clinician for a specific health problem, it is possible to make an appointment online for a consultation at a CLSC near you.
To make an appointment https://clients3.clicsante.ca/80007/take-appt (available as of Monday, April 3, 2023).
IMPORTANT: this service is not adapted to the following situations: prescription renewal, health situation that falls under the jurisdiction of the CNESST or the SAAQ, form filling request and semi-urgent health problem. In such cases, you must use the GAP telephone service at 8-1-1, option 3.
This appointment will not automatically give you access to a consultation with a family physician.
- Clinique mobile de services de proximité (Montérégie-Centre only)
The Clinique mobile de services de proximité has ceased its activities for the winter period. Our motorhome will be back on the road in the spring of 2024. We look forward to seeing you again!
Housed in a motorhome, the clinic is staffed by a paramedical technician and a nurse clinician. The Clinique mobile offers consultations throughout the Haut-Richelieu-Rouville region.
- To find out more
- To book an appointment via Clic Santé
- Before you call the GAP, here are a few things to check:
- You must be registered with the Québec Family Doctor Finder (GAMF : waiting list for a family doctor)
- Your health problem, physical or mental, must be a one-time problem (for example, symptoms of a urinary infection)
- The problem must be non-urgent (e.g. a request to fill out a medical form) or semi-urgent (e.g. the renewal of an expired prescription that cannot be renewed by your pharmacy)
You would like to have a family doctor?
GAMF will help you!
To "get a family doctor" there is a waiting list. This waiting list is managed by the Québec Family Doctor Finder (GAMF). Once you are on this list, your file will be assessed and you will be placed on the waiting list for your region, at a rank that corresponds to your health status and needs.
The first person on the list does not "get" a doctor first: the allocation is done by region and on the basis of clinical records. Once registered on the list, it is not possible to assess how long you will wait before being registered with a doctor.
- To register on this list : www.quebec.ca/en/health/finding-a-resource/quebec-family-doctor-finder
A change to report?
You need to update your phone and email numbers so that you can be easily reached when a physician is assigned to you. To do so, visit www.adresse.gouv.qc.ca.
You can also modify your file if there is a change in your health status. The nurse may change your order on the list based on this new information.
- To modify your file : www.quebec.ca/en/health/finding-a-resource/quebec-family-doctor-finder