The mother-child centre has 12 private birthing rooms with en suite bathrooms (in accordance with the mother-infant rooming-in policy), and two cesarean recovery rooms[AM1] . We also have 5 newborn specialized care beds in our neonatal intermediate care unit.
Birth-related services offered
- Follow-up of gestational diabetes
- Prenatal observation phase
- Various pain relief measures: bath, epidural, exercise ball
- Assistance and support during delivery
- Immediate postpartum follow-up
- Specialized care for more vulnerable newborns
- Care tailored to the needs of mothers and newborns
- Mother-infant rooming‐in right from birth
- Breastfeeding support
What you need to bring
For the mother
- Health insurance card and hospital card
- Super-absorbent sanitary pads
- Nursing pads, if required
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, deodorant, hair brush/comb, blow dryer, makeup, etc.
- Pyjamas (with an opening at the front if you plan to breastfeed)
- Robe and slippers
- Sitz bath
- Phone numbers of people waiting to hear the good news
- Snacks for the father
- Massage oil
- Camera (optional)
- Music (optional)
For the baby
- 40 disposable diapers (size 8-12 lb.) and wipes
- Mild fragrance-free, dye-free baby soap
- Small blanket
- Going-home outfit (sleepers and onesie)
- Approved car seat
For more information
- Are you interested in prenatal meetings?
- Are you thinking about breastfeeding?
- Want information about postpartum follow-up?
[AM1]Il semble manquer qq chose en français :
deux chambres postcésariennes? http://www.santemonteregie.qc.ca/suroit/services/ser/fiche/accouchement.en.html#.XIv0ktJ7mUk