Hospital visits – Green zone
As of Monday, June 28, 2021, the Montérégie region is moving into the green zone. In addition to informal caregivers, people can once again visit with users under certain conditions:
- A user can have a maximum of 2 visitors at a time.
- Visitors must respect the 2-metre physical distancing rule and wear a procedure mask at all times.
- Visitors can once again bring or have flowers, gifts, and meals (homemade or restaurant) delivered to a user.
- In some units where users are more vulnerable (e.g., oncology), the rules on visitors may be stricter. If in doubt, visitors should contact the unit before going.
In the Emergency department:
- The user may only be accompanied by one caregiver.
- Visits are permitted every day from 2 PM to 3:30 PM and from 7 PM to 9 PM.
- Only one caregiver per user is allowed. The caregiver must always be the same person. No additional visitors will be permitted, unless there is a humanitarian reason (end of life).
- The CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest has the right to stop visits at all time, without prior notice, should the conditions of the Emergency department require it.
Note that the government guidelines on visitors also apply to employees.
COVID-19: Individuals, informal caregivers, and visitors who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, who are under investigation, or who are symptomatic are not permitted in hospitals.
Who can be an informal caregiver?
Anyone who, on a continuous or occasional basis, provides support to a loved one who has a temporary or permanent disability and with whom they share an emotional bond, whether or not they are family. Support is provided on a non-professional, informal basis and regardless of the loved one’s age, living environment, or the nature of their disability, whether physical, psychological, psychosocial, or otherwise. Support can take a variety of forms, such as personal care assistance, emotional support, or help with organizing care.
Visits for humanitarian reasons
The following circumstances may allow for visits for humanitarian reasons:
Family of a user at the end of their life;
Parents of a hospitalized child;
Significant person of a user admitted to a maternity and/or delivery room;
Anyone needing to visit a user for any other humanitarian reason.
Please note that visits for humanitarian reasons must be authorized by a department head, coordinator, or director at the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest.
Walking around in hospitals
Visitors and users whose medical condition permits can once again walk around in hospitals, for example, to the cafeteria or outside for fresh air.
Users may be granted a temporary discharge depending on their medical condition.
Return of personal effects
Given the loosening of restrictions on visitors, the measures relating to personal effects no longer apply.
This facility has paid parking. For more information, visit the Parking page.
To learn more about the visiting hours and the services provided, see Your stay at Hôpital du Suroît.